We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best snorkelling trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
best snorkelling trip.

Going in July been twice before. But this time taking two teen children who have not seen the reef. What is a good day tour to do that will provide good looking coral and fish and decent food.

Falla Reef Trips
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Reef Teach
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Spirit of Freedom
Multi-day Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Boat Tours, Water Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,725 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best snorkelling trip.

If you don't mind traveling to Port Douglas for your tour, I highly recommend Wavelength for snorkel tours, especially for first-time snorkelers. (Are your teens new to snorkeling or just to the GBR?) Wavelength is a small (30-passenger max) boat that only does snorkeling. The crew is really focused on ensuring everyone has a great snorkeling experience.

I have done many snorkel tours of the GBR, but I always make sure that each trip to Port Douglas includes one trip with Wavelength (5 times, so far).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best snorkelling trip.

I also liked Wavelength. We have been on many snorkel boats in various places. First time at GBR. wavelength was a good boat. Excellent staff and very conscious. They had some floaties and other things for novices. Plus they did a guided tour at each of the 3 stops which is good for beginners. The tours were crowded and everyone bumped into each other which we didn't like. So we went off on our own after a short time on the tour.

The lunch was quite good too. Water was free. Sodas were $3 per can.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 15:11
3. Re: best snorkelling trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16