We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Dive Companies - Cairns/Port Douglas

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Small Dive Companies - Cairns/Port Douglas

Hi,

I am visiting Palm Cove 22 Aug - 25 August and was hoping to find a credible dive company that is smaller than the huge groups that go out the the GBR. I'm really looking for a more personal experience since it will be one of my first dives.

I'm staying in Palm Cove and am open to either Cairns or Port Douglas.

Also I saw some some of the other posts about murky water. I realize that August is winter and one of the more windy months. Am I really in for brown water? :(

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Palm Cove
Palm Cove
Cairns Region, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Dive Companies - Cairns/Port Douglas

you may have brown murkey water along the beaches, but it's clearer the further you are from Cairns. It'll be fine out at the reef though. Even if very windy and rough it's never brown at the reef, the wind's just stuff up the visability.

Mentioned in this post
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Dive Companies - Cairns/Port Douglas

Thank you! I am actually staying in Palm Cove. Any tips?

Mentioned in this post
Palm Cove
Palm Cove
Cairns Region, Australia
3. Re: Small Dive Companies - Cairns/Port Douglas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 07:19