We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlo, Victoria...
1 post
Save Topic
Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

Hi,

I am wanting to visit Cairns in order to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef. For a lot of my travel I have been doing work in exchange for accommodation, meals ext. I was wondering if there was anywhere that I could work in exchange for a dive experience or even in exchange for getting dive certified? It would be for me and 1 other person.

Thanks!

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

Hi I have not heard of this in Cairns but maybe someone knows of it and they can help you. Regards mosiewigs

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

Many of the dive companies in Cairns offer "internships" whereby you work on their boats for credit/experience towards dive training.

Two that come to mind are Deep Sea Divers Den and Cairns Dive Centre (CDC). Down Under Snorkel and Dive might be worth a look as well....

The pay (credit) rate is normally very low but the work is easy and enjoyable and you will get to dive everyday.

Good luck.

Cairns, Queensland...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

you'll need to be very lucky, as you may imagine, you're not the first person to have that idea.

4. Re: Volunteer for Dives in the Great Barrier Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:16