We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
110 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

We are struggling with the Fitzroy or Green Island question. There was a previous topic which was closed in August. I see that Fitzroy resort now has a party boat that doesn’t leave until late PM. The advantage of Green seemed to be the day trippers were gone late afternoon. We aren’t night lifers- so wonder how this has changed the feel of the island and where to book a room to avoid the bar scene. Also- for those who know Fitzroy, do they have snorkel trips to the outer reef and provide stinger suits? Can’t seem to find that on their website. We are traveling in November- thanks in advance.

Cairns, Queensland...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

I don't think you can take a day trip out and then come home on the party boat - they are two seperate activities

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

Green Island would be a better bet having been and stayed on both. Green island has classier accommodation and better service if you were to stay the night. Fitzroy island has camping space and many rooms which ARE noisey whichever you choose. Fitroy is a lot larger so does not have the same feel. The only downside with Green is that do not have any self catering options. Green island resort also offer free equipment though Fitzroy will charge. Snorkling etc is about the same experience on both islands.The rooms are better at Green (no Self Catering) but if only staying a night or two would be worth the extra money.

Hope this helps

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

I agree with Steve!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

here's a page that lists OBR options from Fitzroy Island - I assume they stop there on the way.

www.visitcairns.com.au/store/Product.aspx…

5. Re: Fitzroy Island party boat, and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:22