We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet cafe with Skype

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Internet cafe with Skype

Is there an Internet café in Cairns where I can get 2 hours of internet/computer time? Any idea on the cost for 2 hours to Canada? Skype would be helpful. High speed internet would also be great. Thanks for the help!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

There are many places in the city. People usually pay by time and most internet places have Skype - I haven't been for a while but the one in the Woolworths store used to be very good. There was also one around the corner near the city centre playground that was pretty good too. Prices vary from $2 for an hour to $5 . You can also buy cards that can be reloaded and use these - Global Gossip is a reputable brand.

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

Thanks! Will check them out!

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

I thought the council had a free wifi pilot available around the esplanade pool?

Cairns, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

Xtreme Travel offers FREE WIFI internet 24/7 along abbott, Aplin, Shields and extending beyond the lagoon area of the esplanade (its faster than the council free community wifi).. They also offer Macs and Microsoft computers in-store at 129 Abbott Street with Skype headsets (cost is $2 per hour or $3 for 3 hours UNLIMITED)...

Gold Coast...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

I would NOT recommend Xtreme Travel to anyone who expects professional service. The attitude of the staff were less than appropriate and offensive. I have used the wifi all through Cairns City and have had no problem with speed?

6. Re: Internet cafe with Skype

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:15