We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving & snorkling for family

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poona, india
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
diving & snorkling for family

WE will be in Cairns and are looking for a good diving couple to visit the outer reef. We are 2 adults certified divers and 2 kids who will snorkel. Anyone know a group that will accommodate both? More importantly, any group that will supervise the kids snorkeling while we are diving? Would prefer going with a smaller group to a couple of good dive sites.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving & snorkling for family

Sorry I can't help you with the supervision of the kids.

We've always had to divide and conquer unless of course you hired a sitter and paid them for them to go for the day.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: diving & snorkling for family

as above, no-one will take respionsibility for your kids while you're diving.

My sister and her husand basically do a 2 dive cruise and one does the first dive while the other does the second when they come here.

Probably the best tour with kids is Seastar - www.visitcairns.com.au/store/Product.aspx… - whikle they won't supervise your kids they will make an extra effort ot keep them amused. I think they do a family snorkel tour (included in the price), but I'd still think you need to be in the water with your kids.

Oz
Level Contributor
11,911 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diving & snorkling for family

Hi,

Would you really trust your children snorkling with others whilst you went diving even if such a service was available???

One of the greatest joys we had when our children were little was teaching them to ski, snorkle, surf, ride a bike, ride a horse, etc. Naturally this meant we didn't have all the "me time" we could have. FWIW I suggest you enjoy your time with them while you can. Children grow up and leave home before you know it and you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Cheers,

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,379 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diving & snorkling for family

Oz you are bang on!

5. Re: diving & snorkling for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:21