We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South of Cairns

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
South of Cairns

Hi there,

I'm heading up to Cairns tomorrow, have done a bit of research on what I hope to do, weather may alter that though. Will be hiring a car for some of my stay, just to explore the region. Have read lots and seen lots, north and inland in previous trips to the area. Was wondering what is south of Cairns that is worth taking a trip too, I will be armed with a GPS and my camera!!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South of Cairns

Can't believe you've had no replies my favourite drive. Start at the Boulders in Babinda, them on to Milla Milla and it's falls. Firsy big hill west of Milla Milla watch out for the lookout sign, one if the best in the area. West to Ravenshoe the overnight and Innot hot springs. Return journey after Ravenshoe take Herberton, then crater lakes back to Cairns. The change of landscape on this route is what it's all about.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South of Cairns

Babinda Boulders, Josephine Falls and Paronella Park are all worth a look.

3. Re: South of Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:29
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor