We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

Hi,

I will be in Cairnsin early April on my own and really want to go to Daintree. I just wonder whether it better to book a tour in advance online or on site when I am in Cairns. Maybe tour operators offer last minute deals?

I found one tour operator which I would like to go with on a day tour: Billy Tea Safaris, price 205 AUD.

What do you think is it a reasonable price too book online with them for a day trip?

Thank you,

Alex

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre
Level Contributor
580 posts
1,950 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

Hi Alex1234562014,

That is the million dollar question!

In our travelling experiences, most tour companies will offer last minute discounts, but it is not necessarily the tour you would like to do.

Depending on your time frame in the region, you can book a tour within a few days while staying here.

That way you can be sure the weather will be good but also take into consideration that most tour companies do not operate a specific tour on a daily basis.

Although we have done a couple of tours in the Daintree in the past, I am not familiar with Billy Tea Safaris and our trips were not in recent visits to the area so I cannot recall who we used.

Visit the Cairns tourist information link below which always has the best information in the whole area;

http://cairnstouristinformation.com.au/

Good luck.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

Hi,

Thank you. I will probably book this one! Money is not really a problem; however, I think that for a day trip 205 AUD is a bit overpriced in general.

Better save than sorry as I will only be in Cairns for 3 days.

Regards,

Alex

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

Wow, I ran across your post and agree with you on the price not seemingly worth it. I'm assuming that is per person.

Hiring a car and doing the drive yourself is only about 250-300 AUD for a whole week of rental. Just a thought for if you have more than one person going, the tour is really not worth it when compared to the flexibility that driving will provide you.

Jersey City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

I did a day tour to Cape Tribulation that included a ropes tour through the rainforest canopy ( that sells for about $100 on it's own) for less than $205. That was by far the best bit about the whole day

www.visitcairns.com.au/store/Product.aspx…

5. Re: Daintree day tour-better to book a toour in advance online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24