We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EconomyCarRental

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
187 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
EconomyCarRental

Hi folks. Has anyone ever tried EconomycarRental.com? You have to pay a down payment and they say that this is refundable should you have to cancel.

Evesham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: EconomyCarRental

Hi

I just come back from Spain I rented car from Barcelona with economycarrental help.

And please if you wont save some money do not rent a car with this company. Finely will cost you more even if offer looks very cheap. They promise me a car for in total 97 euro the final bill was 175 GBP

so please stay a way from them.

If anybody need more tips or proofs I have them all.

Robert

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EconomyCarRental

Stay away from them.

They will not make an effort to honour their obligations.

You can easily end up paying a lot more for literally nothing.

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
187 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EconomyCarRental

Thanks, Robert R and Marton H

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,358 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EconomyCarRental

Car rental www.drivenow.com.au

CH
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EconomyCarRental

this website regularly finds better rates than other, larger, trusted car-rental comparing sites. however, they are never the cheapest option as they are full of dirty little tricks. one is the currency exchange rate, that is extremely attractive on the search page, but one of the worst by the time they charge you. (the search page will show you say 19 USD a day, that is in fact 22-23 once booked). once you figure out the search results are dodged, and you havnt made the best deal, you go ahead and cancel it (as it says your booking is 100% refundable), however, what they never refund is their booking fee. just from last month i found out from my credit card statment, i lost 8 usd by booking and canceling two times with them...NEVER TRUST THIS WEBSITE, ITS DODGY. AVOID.

Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EconomyCarRental

I can recommend Economy Car Hire,(different company) used them in March and would do so again.

Edited: 10 December 2015, 13:43
7. Re: EconomyCarRental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2016, 06:17