We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for first night in Cairns

Lake Oswego...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Help for first night in Cairns

My husband bad two teen boys are traveling to Cairns in mid June this year. We want an easy, clean and restful hotel for our first night in town after a 15 hour flight. Also, I need suggestions on a home base apt or condo for three weeks.

Thanks for listening!

Kim

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for first night in Cairns

What is your budget ?

Have a look on wotif.com/hotels/australia-qld-cairns-apartm… to see what suits your budget.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for first night in Cairns

Also, do you have a preferred location, i.e. city/beaches ?

June can be a busy month as it is our high season with the best weather this time of year and the marathon at the start of the month. There are usually conferences and such around this as well.....and also coincidences with school holidays.

Lake Oswego...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for first night in Cairns

Thank you! We are interested in beaches, bike riding and hiking. I visited Cairns 25 years ago but I know it's changed. We want to find an apt/condo/house to use as a base for our trip, my husband wants to drive to Brisbane but the kids don't want to drive all the time.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for first night in Cairns

Hi Kim - if you let me know what your budget is I can make some recommendations. Cairns has heaps of great acommodation at all budget levels.

5. Re: Help for first night in Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:16