We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall Circuit

Which Cairns hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall Circuit

Hey

Whilst I am in Cairns I would love to see some of the Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls Circuit the main 3 I'd like see are Millaa Millaa Falls, Zillie Falls, Ellinjaa Falls.

I know they are all near in distance from each other by car however I cant drive :(

So I'm wondering if any one recommends a cheapish tour that go to all three?

(The only tours I can find are ones that include a big lunch and other park entries which make the tour rocket it up in price)

If no one knows of a tour, I don't mind getting a bus/ coach that goes to Millaa Millaa Falls from Cairns as this is the main fall I'd like to spent time at.

Would be grateful on any information on this?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfall Circuit

To my knowledge there are no tour busses that visit all three, nor are there any public busses that will take you there...

There are a few budget priced tours that visit Millaa Millaa falls - Cape Trib Connections ($60), Foaming Fury ($85) and Barefoot ($85). These are full day tours that visit many of the nicest places in the southern tablelands area but DO NOT include lunch.

Uncle Brian's offer a very similar tour including lunch for $120.

Tour prices normally go up on the 1st of April each year, so the prices I have mentioned may not be correct but will be close.

All tour companies MUST pay "park fees" to acquire the permits to allow them to take paying guests in to these areas - this is unavoidable.

None of the above mentioned tours visit Parranella Park. I have a feeling these are the "park fees" you refer to..... Please be aware Parranella is a privately owned business (not national parks) that has an entry price of about $38 p/p.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfall Circuit

Bugger no car the waterfalls are wonderful! Not aware of any but this link is fir the council tourist info and as such is independent and if a tour is there they will know

cairns.qld.gov.au/region/tourist-information

3. Re: Waterfall Circuit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15