We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camper van hire

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
camper van hire

I am want to hire a camper van hire in Cairns and drive down to Sydney, it will be a one way trip, can anyone recommend a good hire company,,should I book it in the UK or would it be cheaper to book it once I get to Austraslia, thanks Gerry

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,983 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camper van hire

Gerard - this topic is well covered on these forums - use the search box directly above your post and you will soon find which companies to avoid (like the plague) and which are more reputable - expect a hefty one way drop off fee -and do understand that you get entirely what you pay for so cheaper should not be necessarily at the top of your criteria

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: camper van hire

Thanks, that is the best advice i have had so far.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camper van hire

Two things you might not be aware of, having a campervan does not entitle you to stop simply anywhere you wish, and van parks also offer the option of on-site cabins.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: camper van hire

Ok, thanks for the good advice.

5. Re: camper van hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17