We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebook reef/rainforest tours

San Diego...
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Prebook reef/rainforest tours

Hi - My husband and I will be in Port Douglas Sept 7, 8, and 9. We would like to do two reef trips and a rainforest tour. For the reef we are considering Wavelength, Poseidon, and Calypso. For the rainforest, Gary's Safaris or Tony's Tropical Tours.

My question is: from everything I have read on the forums I should wait until we get to PD to book the tours to ensure we get to the reef on the best days. I am just concerned about the tours being booked by then. Should I prebook the trips or wait until we get there?

Thanks!

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebook reef/rainforest tours

Hi Amosnmear,

Greetings froma sunny 25 degree day in beatuiful Port Douglas.

My personal option is that you should pre book your tours, even when you get here noone will be able to guarantee the weather for you. If you only have 3 days to play with, it is best to book ahead. If the weather is totally terrible (unlikely because that time of year is usually beautiful weather and is the dry season), it is possible that you can change the days of reef trips.

Sept is also the peak season, so to avoid disappointment and to get the tours you want, it is also a good idea to book in advance.

You should get pretty good advice via the net to ensure you have choosen the right tour to suit you. There are a myraid of tour opertors and types of experiences available in Port Douglas, so if you are unsure about something, please just ask! You can book via many websites with credit card and also your hotel should be able to assist (add to your room charge account).

Hope that helps. Cheers, Jen.

fafuntravel
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prebook reef/rainforest tours

Hi

My friend Jen and I where in Port Douglas a couple of weeks ago,we did pre book our tours just to be sure we got the ones we wanted to go with insead of leaving it we got to Port. we did Wavelenght for our Reef Trip, we had a great day with them. Great friendly staff, the lunch was great as well. We had plenty of time in the water viewing the reef. What an amazing place the Barrier Reef is, the range of different fish swimming around was mind blowing.

For our Rainforest Trip we went with Gary's Safaris. Ian the driver gave the day that relaxed feel. We had wild barramundi for lunch. The talk about the tropical fruits we had by the guy at the restaurant was very interesting. Ian nearly had to drag Jen out of the water at Dinosaur Falls, she didn't want to leave. Visiting the falls was the best part of the day, especially 4wding to get to the falls.

I can't wait to plan my return visit to Port Douglas, I'd rather be there than in chilly old Sydney.

3. Re: Prebook reef/rainforest tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 12:17