We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which rainforest tour?

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coto de Caza...
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Which rainforest tour?

I have found a couple, but I want to experience as much as possible in a great 4wd vehicle.

Tony's Tours

Pete Baxendall

Which one.....

or any others. One caveat, my 25 year old son is on crutches, which is reason we are doing a tour so he can partake in the action...thanks!

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which rainforest tour?

It will be difficult for someone using crutches to get into and out of a 4WD vehicle all day. It is often cramped, those vehicles can seat 6 passengers and driver so it is snug- I would tend towards a smaller bus style vehicle with easiler access for your son.

It is not necessary to travel in a 4wd, but if you have your heart set on that, you could private charter the vehcile and guide for the day and your son could take his time and have more space.

Tony's is great but does do a walk on a rainforest trail (narrow, dirt track, lots of stairs) so maybe not the best one. Don't know about Pete's tour- he's very much a solo flyer in the region.

Maybe you could consider a private charter with Daintree Safaris (4WD, uses boardwalks for the rainforest walk and still covers many attractions), or bus tour (max 9 persons in luxury and comfort) on Reef and Rainforest Connections or even BTS.

Lots to choose from when you arrive. If you are travelling out of Aussie school holidays you won't have problems with getting seats on these tours. Quiet season at present.

2. Re: Which rainforest tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:16