We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

can anyone please give me hotel suggestions of hotels in port douglas that aren't for kids.. My husband and i are looking for a relaxing holiday without the noise of children as we want a quiet and romantic time away. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,708 posts
1,651 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

You could try Thala Beach Lodge - very romantic but its not in town.

Peppers Bale Resort - would probably have no kids.

Sea Temple would be another which probably is kids free but no guarantee on that !!

Most families use apartments in PD.

If you want kids free hotels you are best looking at the most expensive ones.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

The boathouse, but there are a few stairs, please check it out it will be worth it.

I will be there in August.

Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

You can try these three hotels, Shantara, Peninsula and Merdian as they will be able to help if you do not want kids around while on holidays.

central coast nsw
Level Contributor
527 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

I know you've stated port Douglas as your Destination but perhaps somewhere else in the Cairns area might be better.

We've just spent the most peaceful relaxing week and stayed at Trinity Beach which is only about 20 minutes from Cairns Airport.

As with all the Northern Beaches localities up there, there is only 1 road in & out of all the beaches - (Yorkies Knob, Clifton Beach, Palm Cove etc)

We hardly saw any kids the whole time we were in Trinity Beach & would recommend SeaChange as a place to stay.

Level Contributor
59 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

It may be far away from you, but a French XIVth to XIXth century chateau, still belonging to the same family since 1404, secluded in a 100 acre park and regorging with family antiques and heirlooms, might be the ideal place for you to experience history and the warm welcome of French nobility.www.chateaudelabarre.com

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

My girlfriend and I have planned a trip to PD for the end of this month, and were looking for the same thing.

We will be staying at Martinique on Macrossan (1 bedroom apt, 4 stars, 60 metres from the beach).

As far as I know, all the apartments are the same size (1 bdrm) and they only cater to those 16yrs and above (I'm guessing for families with older kids).

So, rates ALOT more reasonable than the 5-star resorts and NO little kids running around and waking you up!

Level Contributor
44 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

In planning my upcoming trip I think I must have read every single TA review for PD/Palm Cove & Cape Trib/Daintree and it seems there's little in my price range that doesn't encourage/doesn't allow kids.

I'd try the Pink Flamingo - expressly doesn't allow kids (no-one under 18 even) and would certainly fit the romantic bill - private outdoor baths/showers beautiful garden surrounds.

Just a shade beyond my price range as I'm a solo traveler so I'm heading elsewhere but would definitely put this one top of the list if heading off for a romantic break.

Level Contributor
5,999 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

simple tip - go outside of school holidays. That way there will be fewer children around and your budget will go further.

9. Re: Somwhere to relax without kids!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor