We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions...

Victoria
Level Contributor
179 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions...

Hi - just wondering if people can share their views on the below:

1. Weather at the end of July and start of August - I always thought this was 'peak' season for Port Douglas, but the weather doesn't seem to be that warm. Are the waters warm enough to go swimming, snorkelling and diving?

2. Can anyone recommend an overnight cruise out in the GBR that departs from Port Douglas?

Many thanks!

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
759 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions...

hm, i can only really help you with q.1 for the vast majority of people yes it is still warm enough to go swimming in port douglas during august and september. this would most likely be out on the reef or in your hotel pool as there will be stingers around.

my wife was there end of may ans she said there was 1 day that would hev abeen a bit cool to swim but the rest were all fine.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions...

July/August is the perfect time to visit north Queensland. It's definitely swimming and snorkelling weather. And contrary to what the previous poster said, there are no stingers in the water up there in winter but they are present from late October till April.

I can't help with an overnight cruise though, sorry.

3. Re: A couple of questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:16