We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

Just wondering if Port Douglas has an outdoor cinema running in September/October.

We will be there for a week for an extended family celebration and all have to organise an outing of some description and I thought this would be something different.

There does seem to have been something run by Rydges in the past and I've also seen the Funky Cow mentioned as well - does anyone know if these still operate and if they are any good?

Or does anyone have any other bright ideas?

thanks

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

Hi

The only one is at the Central Hotel (main street of town) and they run relatively new films on their outdoor screen on Thursdays. Next Thurs is Slumdog Millionaire.

Funky Cow closed.

Closest movie cinema is in Cairns. There is also a drive-in at Mareeba (Saturdays I think) about 1 hour away also.

Mentioned in this post
Mareeba
Mareeba
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

thanks DaintreeJungleJen.

Is it a fairly family friendly place - are under 18s welcome at night?

thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

I was going to suggest the same place. We were there last Thursday with our little bub having dinner. From what I could see it looked family friendly - lots of kids under 18 bopping around, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask, just to make sure. The setting around the cinema looks gorgeous too - very tropical!

Ontario
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

Its a great place .... we were there for the State of Origin rugby final game and it was a lotta fun ....I would assume cinema would be equally a s good....

5. Re: Outdoor cinema in Port Douglas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 05:17