We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation recommendations for Nov

Perth
4 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation recommendations for Nov

My fiance and I are looking to honeymoon in Port Douglas this year. Ideally we just want some time out but to be able to do things without being hot and flustered. What is your suggestions for where to stay?

Thanks

Melbourne
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

Hello, my partner and I have just returned from Port Douglas and had the best holiday ever. I can recommend staying at the Oaks Lagoons apartments. We had a 1 bedroom apartment up on the 2nd floor, which had a full kitchen, lounge etc and as they are pretty much brand new, everything is really clean and is exactly as you see it on their website. Couldn't fault it. Oaks Lagoons doesn't have any restaurant attached to it, but there are a few restaurants in walking distance and also there is a shuttle bus that runs every 15mins from the resort next door, to take you in (and back) to the main centre of Port Douglas. Oaks Lagoons also hire pushbikes and as pretty much all of Port Douglas is flat, they are a great way to get around. I can recommend riding along 4 mile beach when the tide is out. If you are looking for a snorkel trip to the Barrier Reef, check out a company called Wavelength, fantastic tour operator (only takes small groups). We also went out to Low Iles to snorkel with Turtles with a company called Sailaway, which was also a great day. Enjoy

Perth
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

At the moment we are tossing up between a few places. Im thinking maybe spend 1-2 days at either Thala or Mai Tai and then 4-5 days at either Coconut Grove or Santara

Any recommendations either way?

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

i would do a mix of Thala and then Coconut Grove. Thala is more remote so you would probably stay there the least amount of time - with Coconut Grove being in the heart of PD - with restauants galore etc around. Have a great time - we got back yesterday and im missing it so much already

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

HI,

Yes I also agree with other posters regarding Thala. Romantic getaway- just beautiful although you are slightly isolated from PD- but most tour companies will still offer pick ups from Thala. Split your time between two.

Coconut Grove- its the newest hotel accomm in Port- to be honest I haven't seen inside, but from the outside not to my taste at all. I would also compare other villas in the main town of Port, eg. Reflections, By the Sea, Martinique on Macrossan, Meridian, and even consider Sheraton Mirage- great pools and easy access to town and bus service.

Oaks Lagoons is nice, but slightly out of town centre.

Perth
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

We ended up picking Mai Tai and Shantara. We picked Mai Tai for the first 3 days so we could have total privacy and are staying in the executive villa with our own private pool.

We picked Shantara as they gave us a day free and it is in town but we had a car so that wasn't too much of a concern to us

Thanks guys

6. Re: Accommodation recommendations for Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 06:18