We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on apartments

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Question on apartments

Hi all,

I am looking to go to Port Douglas in January and intend to stay in a two bedroom apartment - was trying to decide on Reflections of Port Douglas versus Coral Seas Villas - they seem to be very close to each other - anyone have an impression of the difference ? Or any other apartment suggestions.

Thank you for your time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on apartments

PS I just found Saltwater apartments as well - would really like some advice - HELP lol

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on apartments

Saltwater - stayed earlier this year. Nice and modern and right in the centre of things ... but ... noisy late at night and early morning - garbage trucks and the stragglers are the culprits. More recently stayed at Verandahs and it was very comfy, quiet and right price and location. Heated pool that won't be needed in Jan. Coral Seas wouldn't cut a 2 night deal (I only ever spend a night or 2 in PD) and can't remember why we ruled out Reflections but I had a look - maybe they were booked out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on apartments

really appreciate your reply - thanks for the advice

Perth
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on apartments

Try www.executiveretreats.com.au

beautiful villas!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on apartments

reflections is a lot nicer than coral seas.location cant be beaten and the manager is realy helpful.we stayed for two weeks over xmas this year and would highly recommend it as one of the nicer places in port.(we have stayed in quite a few)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on apartments

Take a look at Verandahs apartments. Lovely modern 2 bedroom fully self contained apartments 2 mins walk to Macrossan St and a few minutes walk to the beach.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on apartments

Thank you for the helpful replies - now I have to decide between Verandahs and Reflections lol! I think I shall handball the decision to my wife since it seems so difficult. But again, do appreciate the advice !!

8. Re: Question on apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 06:18