We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel and Dive trip

Pleasanton...
13 posts
Save Topic
Snorkel and Dive trip

My husband and I are currently in Australia enjoying our first visit. We are going to be in Port Douglas next week. My husband has his PADI certification but I am just a snorkeller! Can anyone recomend a boat that does both at the same time or will it better for us to go on a snorkelling tour and then for him to do a separate dive another day?

Thanks.

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel and Dive trip

Hi Diana.....all the boats ex Port Douglas will cater for both Divers and Snorkellers, so you will not need to do 2 seperate trips. All the boats ex port Douglas are first class and its really hard to say one is better than the other, it all boils down to personal opinion. Have a look at websites for Poseidon, Haba, Calypso and Quicksilver and see what appeals - you won't go wrong with any of these companies.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel and Dive trip

Annajay, if all reef boats our of Port Douglas cater to both snorkellers and divers, is Wavelength out of Port Douglas now catering to divers?

Pleasanton...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel and Dive trip

Thanks for the advice, AnnaJay. I had read such good reviews about Wavelength but it doesn't make sense to do that tour when we can both go snorkelling and diving from the same boat.

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel and Dive trip

Sorry, forgot about Wavelength, let me rephrase that...the majority of boats ex Port Douglas cater for both divers and snorkellers!

5. Re: Snorkel and Dive trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 07:17