We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Executive retreats

sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Executive retreats

Back in March we were forced to find a last minute wedding venue under somewhat stressful circumstances. We were facing the prospect of 80 guests flying from all over the globe descending on Cairns with nowhere to be wed! We called out to Wendy at Executive retreats and found her to be extremely helpful - calling us back and following up on a Sunday was just the tip of the iceberg! Wendy also hooked us up with Zoe Day who is an outstanding wedding planner and was also extremely helpful. They were both helpful and keen to make our day as special as we wanted it to be - even at very short notice. No details were overlooked and we definitely felt like we were given a lot of favours.

Though we didn't go with them in the end, we felt very confident that we were in very safe hands.

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Executive retreats

I suggest you post this as a review of Executive Retreats - just click the Write a Review tab at the top of the page.

Hong Kong, China
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Executive retreats

We stayed at another Executive Retreats property in Newell Beach and were deeply disappointed. We flew half way across the world to enjoy a wonderful holiday at a beach house in Australia only to be told upon arrival that we could not swim in the water due to the marine stingers that are deadly. These stingers are in the water from November through May. This little tidbit of information was never shared with us when we were booking the house. And when I contacted them to complain about their lack of disclosure -- they ignored me for weeks, then finally sent an email saying EVERYONE in the world knows about stingers and that I should be "grateful" that we were told to not swim because it was dangerous. They advertise the beautiful beach, the kayaks that are available, but only tell you when you get there it's not safe to use. Truly disappointing when you spend a lot of money to go somewhere that does not live up to what was sold to you. The woman at Executive Retreats really could care less about this problem and basically put the blame back on me to know that it was stinger season. She was completely unapologetic . Complete false advertising if you ask me.

We stayed at the Azure House and the air conditioning in the house was not working properly, our phone service went out for days, so we had to make long distance roaming calls to the establishments around town. The phone was finally fixed, then the internet service went down. When we checked in she forgot to give us the key.

So for everyone who doesn't know -- Stinger season in Australia is from November to May and you cannot swim at the beach unless there are stinger nets.

Stayed April 2012

3. Re: Executive retreats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:40