We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Douglas Retreat vs. Port Douglas Queemslander Hotel

Falls Church...
1 post
Save Topic
Port Douglas Retreat vs. Port Douglas Queemslander Hotel

Our family of 4 (sons 19 and 21) will be in Port Douglas May 17-21. Both of these hotels have either 2 bedroom apartments or 2 one bedroom apartments that would work for us. Both have pools and seem to be centrally located. Queenslander has washer/dryer units in the room. Retreat only has laundry facilities on site. Laundry is important as we will be at the halfway point of an 18 day trip. Can you recommend one over the other or give me some other key features that might be missing in their website descriptions? Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Douglas Retreat vs. Port Douglas Queemslander Hotel

Hi wahoomon

Both complexes are kept very clean and tidy. I'm afraid I haven't seen the inside of the apartments.

Retreat is a very short walk into centre of town,the apartments,I'm thinking posssibly around 6 years old.Pool is set amongst Australian Gum Trees and Palms,quite nice with decking and barbque area and shady spots.

Queenslander is just down the road from Retreat, another 1 minute if that.Older apartments,but you wouldn't know it, as they are very tidy and always looks freshly painted.Pool is smaller that the Retreat and more open(not much shade) and has also a barbque area..

I think you would be happy at either one, it will probably come down to pool size and perhaps laundry facilities, unless you get a reply from someone that has actually stayed there and can comment on the apartments themselves.

Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas