We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

My husband and I are ready to reserve our helicopter adventure with Sky Safari when we visit Port Douglas, but I'm not sure which tour to take. Here are the options and their website descriptions that we are considering:

1) Reef and Rainforest: "Climb to see Mossman Gorge and Donahue Falls before descending over the Coral Sea beaches, Low Isles and the flurry of life on the outer reefs. 45 minutes"

2) Great Barrier Reef: "Fly to the coral cay of Low Isles then on to the largest of the outer reefs, Batt and Tongue for the greatest reef views and a wildlife spectacle. 50 minutes"

3) Ultimate Reef and Rainforest: "The premier scenic flight generating a far reaching appreciation of our islands, ancient waterways, coral reefs and rainforest landscapes. 60 minutes"

All of these tours are expensive -- Tour #1 is cheapest, Tour #2 in the middle and Tour #3 the priciest. However, I do not want cost to be the final determining factor. Once I'm into the price of #1, if #3 is a far superior tour, then I will pay the higher price. However, if there isn't much difference between #s 1, 2, and 3, then I would go with the least expensive. Also, does the difference in flight time make a significant difference? I know that we will do this only once in our lives, and I want to do it right. Please help me decide which tour to take. Thanks!

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

Oops, sorry. I meant to post this on the Port Douglas forum.

Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

Definately do the reef and rainforest tour. The time is only taken in getting from one location to another, but it's well worth seeing both the reef and water side as well as the landscape side. All so spectacular and well worth doing.

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

Thanks! I've booked it and ready to fly!

Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

I agree with dreamcatcher - if cost was a factor I'd choose between 1 and 3 - I haven't done the tour but would imagine on 2 you would mainly see an awful lot of water in between Low Isles and the reefs. My cousin took a helicopter flight while on a day cruise to the Outer Reef - and was underwhelmed!

5. Re: SkySafari Helicopters - Which tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:45