We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport to go to Cairns airport

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
public transport to go to Cairns airport

is there any public transport to go to Cairns airport in the morning, our flight is around 9am

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

Where are you coming from?

Taxis and private shuttles are the only method to get to Cairns airport. From Cairns centre if there are two or more in your party you'll probably find taxi is just as cheap as any other way.

The public bus trundles up and down the Captain Cook Highway. The closest stop is a few kms from the airport. It is vaguely walkable, but it isn't really practical with bags, etc.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
116 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

At that time you may be better off getting a taxi- whenever I travel Cairns to Port Douglas I hire a car if this is possible for you I would do that

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

sorry, forgot to mention, from PD to cairns airport in the morning

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,156 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

You'll have to get a private coach company to get from PD to Cairns Airport and be prepared for a very early pickup if you have a 9am flight. I have used Sun Palm Transport, but there are several other operators on this route.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

is that late if I book the coach 1 or 2 days before departure in PD?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

Most accomodation places in Port Douglas will book transfers back to the Cairns airport for you and the day before is fine for the booking,there are many transfer companys in Port Douglas.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

thank you

Nowra, New South...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

The most rudest, inhospitable car rental in Cairns would have to be Coral Sea Car rentals. From an initial phone query I detected an abruptness and rudeness in the lady and I mentioned that and she got more irate. The emails are very abrupt....Failure to do this....Failure to do that! Then in person at the airport, I waited at the baggage pick-up area, no person in blue top as mentioned? I finally rang the phone number and the lady on the phone gave me a gob full. I have been waiting here for you at baggage area 4! Did you not read your email! So she was looking at me from the "end" of the terminal with a little sign and I said oooh great I see you. She then marched me out to the van and said you have to pay extra for out of hours!!! (was just after 7pm there normal time is 7pm - no leniency!) How do you want to pay? I said cash. I handed over the $50 I just got from ATM and she snatched it out of my hands - FINE! Then she counted out all her $2 and $1 coins and then $5 notes to give me change. I was gobsmacked from this horrible initial encounter - she smirked and handed me the change. I thought to myself Welcome to Cairns!!! When we arrived at Hotel she said - Are you not happy? So I gave it to her, lady I said you are in the hospitality industry from you initial phone demeanor, to the abrupt emails and then the absolute rudeness upon pickup NO I am NOT happy. She said well if it's about all the change (so she was well aware of her little game!) you can change that at the Hotel! I said no lady it is because you are so rude and all the abopve. She said FINE and got in the van, slammed the door and drove off!!! Lady, if you are to continue in the hospitality (emphasis on hospitality!) yu really need a major attitude change. The customer, after all, does come first and is your bread and butter! If you've had some bad days DO NOT express that to your new clients! You upset my very first visit to Cairns and I was very very disappointed with your service. What a rude person you are!

9. Re: public transport to go to Cairns airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18