We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PD in May: Rain?

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
PD in May: Rain?

In speaking with some hotels they said that May 2006 had a lot of rain. We're planning on arriving May 9 - May 17th. What kind of weather should we expect?

Cairns Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PD in May: Rain?

Its very difficult to say, the weather patterns this year have been all over the place especially with 2 cyclones passing by. Usually the rain clears come May time. May this year was more overcast than anything, but still very warm and pleasant.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PD in May: Rain?

Thanks emmalouise! What is "warm"? I've seen temperatures between 74F and 80F. Are most days sunny? My fiance is very sensitive to the sun (meaning that she gets very cranky if the sun is not out!!!!) :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,432 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PD in May: Rain?

We've been up north several times at exactly that time of year (it's our wedding anniversary on the 9th) and it has been everything from very warm and dry to pouring with rain.

The norm is dry but with current weather patterns (may 2005 was also wet but 2004 and 2002 were dry. We went elsewhere in 2003) it is impossible to predict what you will get.

Cairns Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PD in May: Rain?

The temperature would be roughly around 28 degrees during the day. I'm afraid I can't guarantee that the sun will be out during your stay, but I'll do some bargaining and see if we can have it arranged!

5. Re: PD in May: Rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 12:19