We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on which company for Daintree & Reef

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on which company for Daintree & Reef

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on which tours to do with which company. I've narrowed it down to the following:

Daintree: Either Daintree Discovery or Daintree Safari - having a hard time telling the real differences between these two tours.

Reef: Either Synergy or Wavelength. From what I can tell Synergy has only 12 people but only one location (low isles) while Wavelength has 30 people but 3 different types of sites. Thoughts on which might be better?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Brett's Outback Tasting Adventures
Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Daintree Tours
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Updraught Microlights and Hang Gliders
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,534 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on which company for Daintree & Reef

The FAQs on the Synergy website say that they go to Tongue Reef, not to the Low Isles. Wavelength goes to Opal Reef, which is further out than either the Low Isles or Tongue Reef.

In any event, I would choose Wavelength over Synergy because:

1) If Synergy only goes to the Low Isles, you'd want to choose Wavelength because it goes to the Outer Reef which is where you'll find the most sealife in number and variety. (The Low Isles can be fun, especially for those that are hesitant to snorkel in open water, but it doesn't have the amount or quality of sealife that the Outer Reef has.)

2) If Synergy goes to Tongue Reef, then according to its website, it only visits one site there. Wavelength visits 3 different sites so you can see a variety of sealife/coral. I've done 5 trips with Wavelength and we've always made one stop with exceptional coral; one site with exceptional fish and clams and one site on the far edge of the Outer Reef with turtles, rays, and lots of other cool stuff.

HOWEVER, if you want more of a luxury cruise to the Reef, then go with Synergy.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,208 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on which company for Daintree & Reef

Wavelength put on a great tour. They helped my hesitant husband and got him confident and thrilled with what he was seeing. There are only 30 passengers and the two workers (both marine biologists) got to know us all. We were all fitted out with our equipment and ready to go before we reached our first spot.

They answered our questions and guided us in the water. It was a wonderful day.

We toured the Daintree on our own but did go with a native guide in Mossman gorge and we took a cruise to see crocodiles. We loved this area and spent two days in the forest.

3. Re: Advice on which company for Daintree & Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18