We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfers Accommodation for family with great swimming pools!

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Surfers Accommodation for family with great swimming pools!

Hi!

I would like some advice on suitable accommodation for a family of 4 staying sometime in September/October, for around 7 nights.

Our criteria:

* Not outrageously expensive but still good value for money - and even better if it offers special deals for staying 7 nights or more (if we could stay 7 nights for around $1,300, or less, that would be perfect).

* Clean and tidy (nothing that makes you too worried about sleeping in their beds LOL!).

* MUST have either an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and spa; or a spa and an outdoor pool that is warm enough to swim in during the colder months (i.e. the heating must be taking the chill off the water!). My two sons (10 and 7.5 years old are absolute water babies and this is very important to our holiday enjoyment!)

* Don't mind whether it is in Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise as long as it is close to the beach, and has no traffic noise!

We have been to Surfers Paradise several times in the past, and have stayed at Berkley on the Beach, Imperial Surf, Aquarius, President and the Surfers International - but want to try something else this time (just thought this will give you an idea of what we usually stay at!).

Thanks, and I look forward to getting some ideas from all the knowledgable people out there.....

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfers Accommodation for family with great swimming pools!

You obviously know the Surfers Paradise area pretty well.

So I will recommend somewhere in Broadbeach within your price range and at a standard you are accustomed to with the buildings you have mentioned above.

Check out the following buildings in no particular order of preference:

Talisman Apartments (Good facilities/quiet location/across from beach)

La Grande Apartments (See above)

Oceana on Broadbeach (Same)

Air on Broadbeach (More Central location & more modern also)

Have a look at their websites and I'm sure you will like one of them. Just Google the name.

Check the prices on wotif.com and contact the building direct to compare.

They should all fit your criteria.

Enjoy : )

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9884-Gold_Coas…

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfers Accommodation for family with great swimming pools!

Hi there firebucket,

Thanks so much for your suggestions about suitable accommodation for our upcoming holiday.

I have noted all the apartments you have given, and will be more indepth research on their prices, suitability etc.

We do know the Surfers area well (although we haven't been for 3 years now) and have mostly stuck to the "tried and true" accommodation, but this time we are branching a little further afield and hope that we will have yet another enjoyable family holiday there.

All the best,

Chynna

3. Re: Surfers Accommodation for family with great swimming pools!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Surfers Paradise