We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday in GC

Melb
5 posts
Save Topic
Family holiday in GC

Would love some suggestions on accomodation in GC for 7 nights!

Have seen so many on the internet it's doing my head in!!

Family consists of 2 adults, 2 small kids (3 & 1yo).

We are looking for a 2BR apartment, kitchen facilities, a cot, safe environment, great facilities for kids their age (mainly 3yo) and a bit of luxury for the adults too wouldn't go astray either. Asking for too much?? We would like to keep to a budget of no more than $150 pn for the room. Have checked out eBay, ozstays you name it so I know price wise we can get something decent but would love some feedback of people who have used these or similar sites.

Thanks in advance to those who reply:))

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holiday in GC

Hi,

When are you coming? Are you wanting Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach?

For Broadbeach try

Oceana

La Grande

Talisman Apartments

Air

Ultra

Aria

Mentioned in this post
Talisman Apartments
Talisman Apartments
305 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Melb
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday in GC

Hi,

We are looking at early March.

Haven't really decided whether to go Surfer's or Broadbeach as yet. Have stayed at Paradise Island in 2006, it was ok but we thought we would try something else as the kid facilities were more geared to older kids so we didn't benefit from that. The plus side to it that it was close enough to walk to places to eat and get to the beach withou having to get in and out of the car all the time.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Island Resort
Paradise Island Resort
166 Reviews
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday in GC

Hi,

I don't have children so probably not the best advisor in this department! Doing a bit of research on the website below (have a look btw) I was surprised at the lack of hotels doing "kids clubs".

www.kidsholidaysonline.com.au/goldcoast02.htm

Some of the hotels that do kids clubs are either 5 star expensive or needing a refurb.

With kids your age, I suppose I would be loooking at somewhere very close to the beach or on it, decent pool area/facilities, maybe a park and nearby shops/restaurants.

The accomodation houses I have mentioned above fit the bill.

Perhaps if you let me know which hotels/apartments you are looking at on the net I can critique them for you.

Melb
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday in GC

Thanks firebucket,

You have been very helpful....have more to decide on now too!!!

Will get back to you with our shortlist. Getting some quotes on the ones you have suggested. They look great.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday in GC

If you have any questions about different places feel free to ask.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holiday in GC

Hi,

Some different apartments on the beach in Surfers Paradise are:

Grosvenor Beachfront Apartments

Zenith

Berkeley on the beach

Barronnet

Surfers Chalet

Marina Views

Beaches

Emerald Sands

Mentioned in this post
Berkeley on the Beach
Berkeley on the Beach
101 Reviews
Emerald Sands
Emerald Sands
91 Reviews
Grosvenor Beachfront Apartments
Grosvenor Beachfront...
85 Reviews
SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family holiday in GC

Oh,

And Villas de la mer.

P.S - There is a large construction going up in the centre of Broadbeach at the moment. So before booking anything in Broadbeach, please ask me. It will mainly affect the southern side of Air, not the north east side. And some buildings above the mall like Sofitel and Broadbeach on the Park.

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
206 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family holiday in GC

We are a family of four (children aged 8 and 10 years old), and found the facilities at The Towers of Chevron Renaissance to be excellent for children. We paid AUD $150/night and booked via:

www.lobhere.com.au

Whilst The Chevron does not have a "Kid's Club" the outdoor lagoon pool is ideal for sitting on the sand whilst a young toddler played in the water. There is also a large heated indoor swimming pool which the adults would like, and you could put your children in a swimming ring/seat (your own ring or seat, of course!).

You could request an apartment on the lower levels if height is a safey concern, however the top of the balcony would be too high for a toddler to climb over anyway.

Also - the Chevron is right across the road from a public bus stop if you are intending to use that form of transport.

On the downside though - there could be a lot of traffic noise from the lower floors (especially on Friday/Saturday nights!).

Good luck with your planning!

Chynna

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family holiday in GC

If you can get the Chevron for between $150-$200 pn then definately consider it. As Chynna said it is a great building with excellent facilities!

Melb
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Family holiday in GC

Hey Chynna & Firebucket,

Thanks for all the great advice.

Have been watching eBay bids for Chevron & Circle on Cavill and depending on the night we can get an apartment for around $120 per night. We are leaning towards these but all depends if the week we are looking at is still free. On the other hand we are considering Broadbeach as well. Any comments on Oceana, Breakfree Savannah & Diamond Beach? Have seen the Trilogy apartments also in Surfers, they say these are new,. There is so much out there and it's so hard to make a decision;)

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia