We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Values in Hotels and Motels

Level Contributor
83 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best Values in Hotels and Motels

My wife and I are planning to come to Surfers Paradise from America in February, 2013, and want to start looking for good bargains on lodging. Our price range will be $150 to $200 a night for a place to stay. Please suggest good places to stay. Thank you.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

I'd wait until a month before you come and hit the internet sites such as www.quickbeds.com.au or www.wotif.com.au

Feburary is a very quiet month and you will be sure to grab a bargain, don't worry about things being booked out as it's out of school holidays.

The new Hilton might be something to keep an eye on.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

While it's certainly good to start early, the best deals won't be available this far in advance. I recommend keeping an eye out (or signing up) for a site like TravelZoo (the Australian version - not sure if many Australian hotels pop up on the US version or not), as there are often some good deals on accommodation on the Gold Coast (and other cities in Australia too), but don't just check out the 'Top 20' list, as it's best to also check out the 'Local Deals' section for the Gold Coast, as sometimes, accommodation deals are posted there (or deals for sights/attractions). For example, TravelZoo partnered up with Ocean Pacific apartments in Broadbeach earlier this year for a special deal.

I'm not sure if you're a fan of group-buying sites (e.g. Cudo, Scoopon, Spreets, Ouffer, Ourdeal, GroupOn, etc.) but do keep your eye out on them as well because there are occasionally some good accommodation deals offered through them as well. Sites like www.allthedeals.com.au/gold-coast-deals.php can give you a good overview of a lot of the offers available on various websites (but there are definitely some deals they miss, so, it's good to check out the original sites sometimes).

Also, I'd consider looking at other areas apart from Surfers Paradise. Many people are big fans of Broadbeach with its great restaurants and atmosphere (also considered more family-friendly than Surfers Paradise which has more nightclubs, etc.). It is just before Surfers Paradise, so, you are very close by, if need be. Depending on your length of stay, it may be worth checking out some apartments, but, you'll find no shortage of hotels.

Take a look at sites for accommodation like www.wotif.com/ or www.needitnow.com.au/ or www.lastminute.com.au or www.hotels.com/ or www.hotelclub.com.au or any others that you're familiar with. Wotif (already has prices up for February 2012, so, you might get an idea of what possibly to expect for February 2013), for example, will give you quite a lengthy list to check out, so, you can cross-reference reviews and prices to find the best option.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

My family head to Surfers Paradise each year, and we stay at Chevron Renaissance. This is centrally located one block from the mall & within close walking distance to the beach, restaurants,& everything Surfers has to offer. Free, secure car parking also, or public transport at front door. Downstairs is a nice area with shops & restaurants & a Coles supermarket to stock up on food.

Great indoor & outdoor swimming pools, lagoon, sauna & gym.

You should get a good price for February as it is off-peak.

Good luck with your research. That's half the fun!

4. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2012, 00:05
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

did you have a resaon for Surfers?

have you thought of south of Surfers,along the beautiful coast and fantastic beaches of,my personal fav Coolangatta,or Kirra,Burleigh Heads,etc....

Certainly will get accomm for that price range within the scope of apartments or hotel style.

All you need,shops,eateries,public transport,airport 5 min away,though the air traffic is no bother,unless you stay in Tugan.

you could always hire a car and drive up to Surfers,40 mins at best.theme parks a little further though.

6. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2012, 11:40
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

During February, it really is a buyers market with accommodation supply far outstripping demand.

Whenever we visit, we never make a booking till a week or so beforehand and always manage to find good accommodation in a beachfront highrise for somewhere between $100 and $150 a night.

We use www.wotif.com for bookings, but I'm sure any of the other search engines like booking.com are just as good.

Lots of people don't like Surfers Paradise (myself included) so we head for places like Broadbeach, however, if you want to be in the 'heart of the action' and you will be going into Surfers every day anyway, then you may as well stay there. It's glitzy, tacky, busy and full of souvenir shops, restaurants, cafes and bars - judging by the number of people it attracts, that is pretty appealing to many.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

I like the Gold Coast, but think there are many more attractive places than Surfers Paradise (and particularly the areas around Cavil Avenue ) to stay.

I agree with EvaMelb, not my scene at all. Unfortunately, I think a lot of prospective visitors only hear "Surfers Paradise" and don't know about all the other options on the Gold Coast until they arrive.

As others have said, we have a very good range of self catering apartments in Australia, and there are some excellent properties on the G.C. Many people prefer them to hotels because of the extra space, kitchen & laundry facilities - and they are usually around the same or better price than a hotel room.

My favourite areas to stay are Main Beach, Broadbeach, or a little further away from the centre, Kirra, Currumbin or Burleigh Heads.

Most recent stay was at Xanadu, Main Beach (I did a TA Review, if you'd like to check it.) It's close to beach, some great restaurants, Southport Surf & Yacht Clubs and an easy walk to Marina Mirage/Versace. Lovely beach & bush walking tracks, too. We paid $151 for 2 BR, 2 bath apartment with ocean views at the end of February.

9. Re: Best Values in Hotels and Motels

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:42