We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Can anyone guide me to the weather in Surfers in Feb? We're staying 17th to 23rd. Will we need raincoats or umbrellas? I've heard it rains in the afternoons then stops, is this rights?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

On the 17th it will rain but the 18th will be fine ;-)

Seriously though, it's summer in Queensland so it will be quite warm, and yes, they get a bit of rain in summer up there. But as to whether or not it will rain or not - no one can tell you - well not on this forum.

Have a look at the BOM website. They do a 7 day forecast - but any further out than that is crystal ball stuff.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Hot and humid as a rule in February. It is meant to be our wettest month but that hasn't been the case of later years.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Any rain you get in February is refreshing and usually welcome after a day of heat. Make sure you dress for hot weather with swimmers underneath, and a bit of rain won't bother you.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Could get a storm in the afternoon, and then it's fine again. One thing I can say with certainty is that it will be much more humid than Melbourne weather.

As surfoz mentioned we haven't had much rain up here at all. We had it all last year at this time with very sad consequences.

LTB

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Hi Kate,

The weather here has been really up and down lately. It is quite unpredictable! Sunny perfect weather in the morning and then an overcast afternoon with showers is common. As for Feb, bring summer clothes and a few cardigans. I know it is hard not to stress over weather conditions before you plan a big trip. If it rains, you could always head to the shops for the day (Robina Town Centre is all undercover). Or perhaps to a day spa!

Plenty of things for a tourist to do in any weather.

Enjoy your trip!

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

Definitely look at www.weatherzone.com.au and the 28 day weather forecast.

In saying that, it can often be wrong e.g.a 75 % chance of rain at the moment can mean either a 10 min shower to a thunderstorm. the rain is usually short lived and sometimes we welcome a storm to cool things down.

Today we had the hotest day for quite a few years 37 degrees. February is usually the hottest month here and very high humidity.

I don't know the last time i work a cardigan in February!!

Just come and enjoy yourself!

7. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2012, 18:13
8. Re: Weather in Surfers mid to late Feb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:19