We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

Hello! My family and i are planning a 6day holiday in Goldcoast (broadbeach)this end of april. and have been browsing everyday for a place to stay. Im getting confused though at the hotel policies that most have regarding on the number of children allowed in the room. I have an 11 and 9 yr old and while i am planning to get a 2 bedroom apartment, some still says that children over 2 should have an extra bed. Does that mean that ill pay for it? It seemed that the apartments are big enough too. Are there 1 bedroom accomodations that are lenient on the number of children in a room?Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

Book the apartment direct by phoning them through Skype and ask them. Some places will let you have a one bed apartment and kids can sleep on sofa bed and you pay by room.

Whilst others you pay per person (Mantra, Breakfree) and you have to have a 2 bed apartment. Cost depends when you go, eg If it's school holidays or if special events are on. I recommend the Broadbeach or Burleigh Heads area. If your paying for a 2 bedroom apt. the price should be for at least 4 people. It's usually cheaper by phoning direct and asking for best deal.

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Burleigh Heads
Burleigh Heads
Gold Coast, Australia
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

If you book a 2-bedroom apartment and there is only 4 of you, there shouldn't be any need for you to pay for extra persons (you would, if you had 5 or more people though). If you had a one-bedroom apartment, most likely, you may be asked to pay for extra persons, but, some places allow children 12 and under to stay for free, as long as they are utilising existing bedding. It really depends on the individual property and what their policies are like.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
3. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2012, 01:35
Edited: 12 March 2012, 01:35
philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

Thank you for all the suggestions, yeah I'll take a look at Broadbeach or at burleigh heads area. :) I get confused coz some hotels in other countries don't really require for extra bedding for kids ages below 12 even if the booking sites recommend getting one.

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

What's your budget range, or have you already narrowed it down to some choices?

Good luck with your planning and have an AMAZING trip! :)

philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

$150 min to175 max...is that cheap? Gold coast will be our second city stop coming from Melbourne. I prefer an apartment or house rental than hotel. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

Which dates in April will you be there for? The reason why I ask is because there are quite a few apartments available in your budget range, but, it depends when at the end of April you'll be on the GC, as I've seen quite a huge jump in price (which pushes prices above and beyond your budget range, even though it's for the same places) between different dates in April.

Good luck with your planning and have a FANTASTIC time! :)

philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

April 22-27... Is that a high season? I've seen some properties at takeabreak.com....and some are listed at $95/night...I'm not o sure if that's e rate really coz I'm still waiting for the managers response. Thank you random - sunshi...I do hope we will have a fantastic time... It's Been a long overdue trip to Australia..

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

I've found that to be a minor annoyance about those sites, as the price listed is generally just the "From" price, so, it could be a lot higher than what's mentioned. But, if you can get a good rate for $95, then, that's a good deal! Definitely make sure to ask thorough questions, before making any reservations and before handing over any money.

Have you looked at the Meriton Apartments in Broadbeach? They should be in your budget range for most nights, except for your first night, which for some reason, I've noticed is more expensive at many hotels than from your second night onwards.

We have stayed in Ocean Pacific Resort, but only in a one-bedroom apartment, so, I'm not sure what the two-bedroom apartments are like. We found it to be good, but, they really don't provide you with many things (e.g. shampoo/conditioner, oil for cooking, etc.), so, you need to purchase them from the supermarket. It's in a good location though - Only about five minutes walk away from Pacific Fair (the major shopping centre with supermarket) which is close by, and close to the beach in the other direction.

If you're not going for a private rental, I'd definitely recommend reading people's reviews for the different apartments that you're looking at, so, you have a good idea of what to expect, and whether it's a good option for you and your family.

Good luck with your planning and I hope you have a GREAT trip! :)

Mentioned in this post
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
9,186 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Ocean Pacific
Ocean Pacific
873 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel/apartment policies: are they strict?

Indeed, what you said about those vacation rentals...I was shocked when it turned out to be $180/night and not as the one they posted...it was too good to be true coz the apartment really looked luxurious..hahaha...yes, I'm reading the reviews of the apartments that I've narrowed down...I'll take a look at ocean pacific...I've looked at blue waters ...they have this deal..but I'm not sure if it's in a good location..even if the reviews said it is..looked also in google map..hehe thanks so much for the help...