We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfers paradise beach accommodation

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
98 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Surfers paradise beach accommodation

Hi, can anyone tell me their personal experience with Chevron Renaissance or any other posh hotel at surfers paradise? My partner and I are looking for a place to stay in January 2013 for about 4 nights at Surfers Paradise. We currently don't have a budget but we want someplace decent yet not too expensive (eg. $300 a night).

Would appreciate any help because last time I stayed at Anacapri holiday resort apartments and I was bitten by bedbugs all over and management did nothing to resolve it so I was extremely unhappy. I've stayed at Paradise centre apartments as well and I loved it but now I'm looking for someplace a little more luxurious because I'm travelling with my partner.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Centre
Paradise Centre
80 Reviews
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
#2 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Rhapsody Resort
Rhapsody Resort
#3 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Q1 Resort and Spa
Q1 Resort and Spa
#4 of 32 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

You should be able to get an apartment in the new Hilton or Soul for around that price. They are beautiful new buildings.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
813 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

I have stayed at the Chevron Renaissance 3 times and think it is in a great location with good facilities, but it is not a hotel as such.

They are apartments that are not serviced daily, no room service or other "hotel" type services.

As Beach8um has said, if you are prepared to spend $300 a night, have a look at Sea Temple at Soul. mirvachotels.com/-gold-coast-accommodation

Edited: 09 October 2012, 22:38
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

Try using Wotif website. That way you can see what the hotels look like, as well as pricing. Anything around $300 pn should be pretty good. Be aware that quite a few are apartments, as Secco suggested, and are not serviced daily.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

To be honest, I don't think Chevron Renaissance is that posh anymore (it is only 4 stars, and your budget range could suit 5 star places). Don't get me wrong though, as I love the location, but, I do think you could do a lot better given your budget range, so, I agree at looking at the more upmarket places.

Also, not sure if you're strictly set on just Surfers, but, Broadbeach might have some good options in your budget range (or less) too. A lot are apartments though, so, not sure if daily servicing, as mentioned above, will be an issue or not for you.

Edited: 10 October 2012, 07:47
Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
98 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

Thanks for all the help everyone! I didn't know Chevron Renaissance do not have serviced rooms everyday, that's an important factor because they charge pretty high prices.. I thought it was a hotel. Will definitely check Broadbeach out, I've never been there so it would be fun. Gonna have to do more discussing with my partner now :)

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
813 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

If you are going to check out Broadbeach, then check out Meriton Broadbeach.

meritonapartments.com.au/gold-coast/…

Mentioned in this post
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
9,186 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
98 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

thanks buddy! :)

Surfers Paradise...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

You may check out www.apartmentstay.com.au. They offer a great deal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

Sea temple surfers paradise is beautiful that would be my recommendation, followed by the Hilton. Broadbeach is a lovely spot, less busy than surfers and the redevelopment completed over the last few years has put in some lovely restaurants, shops and spas. In broadbeach Peppers is nice. Moo moo bar and restaurant is nice for dinner and the endota spa is lovely for treatments.

I agree with another post here -the chevron isn't that great

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Bulli, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Surfers paradise beach accommodation

I like to stay at the Marriott as it has the best pool on the coast.You can swim and snorkel with an array of colourful, tropical fish in the resort's spectacular saltwater lagoon. The buffet breakfast is awesome.

Yeah Cheveron is not great ,there was a death from a balcony a few months ago during schoolies week. It is way too noisy and busy too.