We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Singapore
Level Contributor
237 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Hi,

I have checked that Conxion quoted AUD123 for the above for 2A2C.

My flight is at midnight and I should reach there by 10pm on Saturday.

1. What time must I leave hotel if I take public transport? (I will be staying at trickett/laycock street)

2. Will it be cheaper if I take public transport?

3. Will it be easy and crowded? I understand that need to take bus to Robina station and transfer train to the airport.

Thank you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

If you are comfortable driving, you may consider hiring a rental car (pick up at Surfers Paradise and drop off at Brisbane airport). 1 day rental would most likely cost you round about or lesser than AUD 123. From my recent experience, its quite easy to drive on the M1 motorway if you are used to driving on Singapore's expressways.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

The last train to the airport on a Saturday arrives at International at 21:34 ... it leaves Robina at 19:53. So if you miss this last train you will have to use some other form of transport. I would suggest you get a taxi to Robina train station.

www.airtrain.com.au/pdf/WeekendsDec11.pdf

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

If staying in Surfers Paradise take a taxi or bus to Helensvale station and catch the train direct to the airport.

Singapore
Level Contributor
237 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Hi,

Just to clarify, take bus to Nerang, Robina or Helensvale station to catch train to airport? I will be staying at Mantra legends.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Yes, bus or taxi.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Nerang or Helensvale ... Just depends on which bus stop you're going from. Use the Trip Planner link (see your other thread).

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

That price doesn't sound right. Its normally around $50 from Gold Coast Hotels to Brisbane. Make sure you have accommodation booked for the day of your flight as most check out times for hotels is around 10am, most hotels are happy to hold your bags, but then you have to amuse yourself out of the room for the day. Depending on how many stops there are to do the bus can take up to 2 hours so leave around 8pm. Would definitely check the price again. It would $120 for a private transfer (where you're the only passenger), but if you're happy to get a normal transfer around 7 or 8pm, it will save you a lot of trouble.

Singapore
Level Contributor
237 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Oh I see. In fact, now i have a clearer picture. Thanks everyone for the valuable information.

I think I'll take the bus to bus station from there take train. As for which bus station do i take to, I'll check with the hotel conceirge and I will definitely leave alot earlier to avoid missing the last train. I'll hang around at the airport.

I read that kids travel the airtrain free with every adult ticket purchase. So i definitely save alot as I have 2 kids with me. http://www.airtrain.com.au/kidstravelfree.php

I am so thankful for everyone's reply. Thanks alot :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Actually your kids don't qualify for that offer. Those free tickets are only from city stations.. not from Gold Coast stations. However you only need to purchase tickets to the city for kids, not all the way to the airport.

City stations are ... Central Station, Roma Street, Fortitude Valley, South Brisbane, Bowen Hills, Albion, Wooloowin and Eagle Junction.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 05:04
Singapore
Level Contributor
237 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer - Surfer Paradise to Brisbane International Airport

Thanks for your reply. I emailed them last month and was told that only applicable for Airport only not all the way.

Their email to me was:

If you use the Airtrain Connect service this includes a car pickup from accommodation to the station and the train to the airport. The cost is $55.00 oneway per adult and kids travel free of charge with a paying adult. There is also a 10% discount if pre-booked on our website I have added the link below. If you make your own way to the station you just purchase the ticket at the station before boarding the cost is $31.90 per adult and kids $8.00 oneway. airtrain.com.au/products_airtrainconnect.php

I don't quite understand the above is that does it mean that:

1. I have 2 options - one is to arrange with them a car pick up from hotel and drop me at the train station for me to take the train to the airport at AUD55 per adult and AUD0 for kid?

2. The other option is i buy ticket for adult from Nerang/Robina/Helensvale station to the brisbane international airport at AUD31.90. But for the kids i buy tickets from Nerang/Robina/Helensavale station to which station? How the machine know about this promotion? Is there any staff available for assistance at the Nerang/Robina/Helensvale train station?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance and apologise for asking so much questions.