We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Coombabah, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Two friends are planning a holiday at Surfers in May, they are having trouble finding a bathroom with a vertical grab rail as well as a horizontal one in the shower. Has anyone any suggestions of places that they may find these bathrooms

cheers

Margaret

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any property that commonly advertise their disabled facilities.

Having said this, all major hotels do have designated Disabled Rooms, with full access bathrooms (with railings) and configuration to accommodate all requirements.

I'd suggest you look at various third party sites, such as Wotif.com and Booking.com, to narrow down your choice of location and selection of properties, them contact the properties directly to confirm exact details and specifications.

This way, you'll eliminate any chance of misunderstandings or incorrect information.

Coombabah, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Thanks for your help yes I have been checking out properties . I was just hoping that maybe someone had experienced a good hotel. Most bathrooms have vertical rails but it is a horizontal one that we also need in shower

Cheers

Marg

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

This page of hotels has reviews from guests ... possibly some mention the baths?

letsbookhotel.com/en/…rooms-for-disabled.aspx

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Meriton Broadbeach, for some reason, comes to mind, but, I actually can't confirm that for sure. They used to have photos up, but I don't think I can see them anymore.

Coombabah, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Thanks for your help yes I have been checking out properties . I was just hoping that maybe someone had experienced a good hotel. Most bathrooms have vertical rails but it is a horizontal one that we also need in shower

Cheers

Marg

Coombabah, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

Thanks everyone for your help I will check out all sites

Cheers

Marg

7. Re: disabled bathroom with horizontal/vertical grab rails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:16