We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangalooma , Moreton Island

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Tangalooma , Moreton Island

If I have intention to stay hotel in Gold Coast area and hiring car, can anyone advise me if it is advisable to get to Moreton Island by driving? Or, is it good to join a day tour to there and leave my car at the hotel?

Fire4Hire
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
JPT Tour Group
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangalooma , Moreton Island

Leave your car at the hotel... it's very expensive to take it ...

visitmoretonisland.com/comeonover/gettinghere

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangalooma , Moreton Island

If we stay at sunshine coast area, is it advisable to drive to the Holt Street Wharf and leave my car there and then take a ferry over... We are contemplating to stay there for a night too since it seemed to have quite a lot of activities we can do there... ( we have two boys; age 10-12) I think the activities suit them .

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangalooma , Moreton Island

This should answer most of your questions... parking at the wharf is $15 per day....

tangaloomaresort.net.au/travel/tangalooma-la…

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tangalooma , Moreton Island

Tangalooma is very expensive, read reviews on here regarding Tangalooma.

yes you can leave your car at holt st and get the ferry over to the island. again expensive.

you could do most of the activities on offer over there either at the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast.

you could also have the dolphin experience at Sea World on the gold coast. at the moment they have a special on offer look up www.myfun.com.au

5. Re: Tangalooma , Moreton Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Surfers Paradise