We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

BC
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

I want to book a hotel for a beach weekend on the gold coast with my son before he starts university. I am interested in a very nice updated hotel to chill by the pool. Considering the Hilton, Sheraton and Sofitel. Is one better than the rest?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

We've stayed at the Marriott in Surfer's Paradise before - it's lovely and the pool is fabulous. They have fish in a section of the pool and you can go snorkeling with them.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

Of the properties you've listed, Sheraton is the standout, established, good product and strong reputation.

Sofitel is not a bad product by any means but getting a better reputation for their F&B, more so than their rooms.

Hilton is the newcomer to the game, and whilst I enjoyed a one night stay during the soft opening, it hasn't been around long enough to have a reputation of any sort.

Prices up there are quite indicative of their respective products in the market on a given day, but should the fluctuations bring the rates along similar range, Id choose the Sheraton for a traditional styled hotel.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 05:50
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,406 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

Hi

My favourite is the Sheraton Mirage. I was there last weekend & the hotel has recently been renovated & is now lovely. The Sheraton is the only hotel on the Gold Coast which is oceanfront. All the others you have to cross roads to get to the beach.

My review below - sorry pics not done yet.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g658994-d…

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

I agree with the Sheraton suggestion provided the room you get has been updated. Consider also Peppers @ Broadbeach for ultra modern. The Sofitel hasn't got much of a pool area really.

5. Re: Nice Hotel for Beach Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:17