We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

I have looked at the website and it says we have to pre-book, I am wondering if there is also a counter at Brisbane airport we can book only when we arrive? Will that work? Like to gather information from other travellers on this :)

And as for transfer from hotel to Gold Coast Airport I found the options are con-x-ion, GC shuttle and Bus 702. I have read mixed reviews on con-x-ion, would GC shutlle be more recommended?

Edited: 17 October 2013, 16:57
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,994 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

You're going to have mixed reviews about all the shuttle services at the Gold Coast.

Unfortunately, your options are limited when going from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. It's shuttle, train/bus, train/taxi, or taxi.

The taxi option is out of the question unless you wish to pay near $200.

The AirTrain is convenient enough, but you are travelling with three persons and lots of luggage, AND you'll still need to get from either Robina or Nerang to your hotel.

I think your only option is by shuttle, or renting a car and driving yourself down.

Edited: 17 October 2013, 18:20
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

Hi thank you again! I would go by con-x-ion in this case and hope to confirm if pre-booking is adsolutely necessary? I would prefer to do the booking and pay at the counter upon arrivall, if its feasible.

For shuttle from Gold Coast hotel to airport, how much time should I allocate since they will be picking up from many hotels? Around 1 or 1.5 before check-in? Thank you.

Edited: 17 October 2013, 18:55
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,649 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

From Gold Coast to the airport will take 60 mins depending on time of day and traffic, so the more you allow the better.

The shuttle company will know and will pick you up accordingly.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

Pay at the counter is feasible. Don't worry, there are multiple options if you don't mind waiting.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

I would highly recommend Gold Coast shuttle to get from hotel to airport. However to get from Brisbane to Gold Coast I would recommend taking the train and get the chaffier for $55 one way. I did this on my recent trip to surfers and did this option and it was the cheapest and efficient way to get there

Singapore
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

Hi I am going from brisbane airport to gold coast so is there shuttle buses that run at midnight.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

I think it's best to contact Con-x-ion or other private transfer companies directly, as there will be no trains running.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

The cheapest option is to take a train from Brisbane airport to narang station and a private car will meet you and take you to your hotel. This ticket for both train & private car service is $55 through air train. Alternatively you can contact Prestige Transfers or BCT. Con-x-tion & Gold Coast Shuttle don't do transfers from Brisbane airport to Gold Coast

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,994 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

>>>Con-x-tion & Gold Coast Shuttle don't do transfers from Brisbane airport to Gold Coast<<<

Are you sure about that?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking for con-x-ion (Brisbane to Gold Coast)

Yes and this is from recent experience. I needed to get from Brisbane to Gold Coast and was told they didn't have a transfer available. Unless the person on the phone was new or didn't have any availablity