We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

I've narrowed down my choices to Artique or Q1…big price difference though…is Q1 really worth it?? $400 more….

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,322 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

$400 more over how many nights? Because if its over a week, it's less than $60 more per night.

The one thing the actual Q1 building has over any other in Australia is height. But that said, there's no guarantee what level your apartment is going to be on (unless you go with the private rental and they disclose it). Aside from that, it's personal as to how much time you're going to be in the apartment, and how much the view/height is worth to you. I personally think there's very little that seperates the nicest apartments, and you may get a high floor at Artique. And add to that you maybe spending alot of your time out and about.

Edited: 21 January 2014, 08:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Just leaving the Q1 and stayed in the artique last year@ we preferred the artique. Everything seems newer and a lot nicer.

However you probably get better views at the Q1. Also the Artique has real balconies rather than faux balconies as the Q1 has.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

If you want a better view then Q1 has awesome views however I prefer low rise buildings & direct beach access like The Sheraton Mirage to high rise buildings. It also depends on whether you want a good size open balcony.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Awesome thanks for all the tips decisions made :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

What's the decision? :)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Going with Artique.... I like the idea of q1 but Artique have had great responses to email and seem to genuinely care..so thanks again

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Q1 is a larger building with a few more and larger recreational facilities than Artique. It also has onsite restaurants and many neaby ones at the bottom of the elevator.

Artique is a bit further of a walk from central Surfers Paradise also.

That said however, I like the Artique building and it is in a good position close to a quiet beach. If your on a budget then go for it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

Good choice Robyn.

9. Re: Is it really worth the extra money to stay at Q1?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Surfers Paradise