We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

new plymouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

We're travelling last minute this Wed to surfers for 6 nights with our 7yr old son. Have not been to surfers for well over 10 years. We travel a lot, always 5 star, (not worried about price) and want advice re Surfers accommodation. After looking on trip advisor it seemed the above mentioned were the best options for us... The Marriott appeals as has spa facility and looks like great pool facilities for our son (swimming with fish etc). On the other hand Soul does look just stunning but not so sure about facilities there. Can anyone advise between these two (or advise another). Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

Hello,

They are both great properties and well known in their own right, but I'm not sure what your expectations are of 'luxury'.

Soul is an apartment hotel, so it's limited service apartment. It's one of the newer in the Gold Coast, spacious and superb product.

Whereas Marriott is a traditional full service hotel, has been established for quite some time, and is known for good food, great club lounge and location. They are the most well known for their pool.

As you've commented about always travelling 5 Star, perhaps you could consider some others also;

Apartments - Peppers (sister property to Soul), Hilton Residence

Hotel - Sheraton Mirage

Edited: 11 July 2014, 23:54
new plymouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

Thanks for that. Funnily enough I was just online looking at Peppers in Broadbeach! I have read that a lot of people prefer Broadbeach to Surfers.... The Marriott just looked like it may be slightly aged to me in the pics, and Soul looked divine, but then again the facilities are going to be more extensive at The Marriott and keep our son happy, not to mention a day spa for me! Yes, I did consider the Hilton as they are always pretty nice. Maybe we compromise and stay a few nights at the Marriott and then move to Broadbeach for a last couple nights at Peppers. By luxury I mean that we like things to be stylish and a pleasure to stay in, as opposed to being aged or obviously dated. And of course good service. We always opt for a suite/apartment rather than a room too which helps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,948 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

The Sheraton Mirage is the Gold Coast's only five star absolute beachfront resort that has a Spa too. Excellent fine dining restaurants across the road at the Mirage ie.

Glass / Fellini /omoero bros etc.

http://www.fellini.com.au/ http://www.omerosbros.com/

www.sheratonmiragegoldcoast.com/…

IMO; the Marriott is tired - Peppers at Broadbeach is the next one I would recommend but my fav is the Sheraton Mirage.

4. Re: Luxury accommodation Soul vs Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:17