We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Apartment

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Apartment

Hi All

I am visiting Gold coast from 22-27 October with my hubby . I am planning to stay on surfers . I have checked places to stay on surfers but found out that most of them are apartments. I do not mind staying in a n apartment but would like to know what is better. My budget is less than 150$ per night. Please suggest any good place and what I should prefer . An apartment or a hotel.

Thanks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Apartment

Hallo!

Apartments aren't necessarily more expensive than hotels. There are a lot which are cheaper than hotel rooms around Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach and the nice thing about apartments is that you have room to move and can prepare your own meals if you want to.

The cheaper the property the further they usually are from the main centres/beach. Have a look at the Sunlover website which has a good range and will give you prices, description and location. To get an idea of distance, Cavill Avenue is the hub of Surfers Paradise while at Broadbeach it's the Mall. I'm sure you should be able to find something within your budget.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Apartment

Wotif.com.au & bookings.com are good resources too

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Apartment

thanks for the quick help .. ill just check these websites and then come back with my shortlisted ones .

thanks again

main beach...
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Apartment

The Gold Coast 600 car race around the streets of Surfers Paradise is on from October 24 to 26 and so prices and availability will be at a premium.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Apartment

If you are not going to the car racing I'd suggest perhaps you stay at Broadbeach. We were there at this time last year and Broadbeach was a great choice. We love apartments because you don't get disturbed (ie cleaning staff etc) and as has been said you have more room and freedom to cook or reheat food etc. It really just comes down to whether you like service like room service, cleaning etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,400 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Apartment

I strongly suspect that with a strictly defined budget during a busy period, the end location maybe influenced greatly by what is 'best available'.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel or Apartment

Hey Scottygirl.. I am not going for the car racing.. so wat do u suggest I should look for accommodation in broadbeach?? actually I found that broadbeach accommodation is costlier than surfers paradise.. will have a look at this again

is surfers paradise over crowded during that racing period?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel or Apartment

I found out these within my budget.. Is any of these with beach view. or the beach view hotel/apartments are available only on surfers.

Santa Anne By the Sea

Belle Maison Resort

Ocean Royale

Neptune Resort

Portobello Resort Apartments

Aruba Beach Resort

Can you suggest anymore .I just realized most of them are booked in those dates..So I think I have to finalize and book them asap

Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel or Apartment

If you want to stay at Surfers and can find somewhere then go for it! There are so many great places to stay - good luck. Broadbeach has a lot to offer - great shopping nearby and good restaurants etc. Transport to Surfers is easy. We usually walk everywhere when we are there anyway.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 11:20
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel or Apartment

Hi all..while checking deals on net I came across this website stayz. Can anyone tell me how genuine is the site as I am getting very good deal for q1