We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

castle hill

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hogla
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
castle hill

hi

I want to know if there is public transfer up to castle hill

thanks

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: castle hill

No public transport. Car, taxi, or a steep walk are your only options.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: castle hill

We used to climb Castle Hill from the West end side when we were kids,..another option,however fitness is paramount....

If you do happen to get transport...The view from the top during the day is fabulous,however I must recommend another trip up the hill during the evening....A whole different view and concept....Incredible...!!

We also rode our bicycles up the hill too....Pretty tough going up,tho' the ride down is cruisy and so cool...!!

Rental car or maybe rental scooter might be the go...However will not recommend a scooter unless one has a motorcycle licence....

hogla
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: castle hill

thanks and greetings

hogla
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: castle hill

thanks but at my age I'll do it with a car

Alligator Creek...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: castle hill

I'm the same Poudov I'd drive every time - but it's lovely up the top. You can still get a bit of exercise walking the paths at the top out to the different lookouts. Look for the Lace Monitor (big lizard) that is often around.

hogla
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: castle hill

hi

thank you but ........after 46 years of driving at the right side of the road,I don't dare driving at the left. I've decide to take an organize tour. and I hope to meet the lace monitor

best regards

7. Re: castle hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:17