We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas New Year

Which Townsville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas New Year

So what does Townsville have up it's sleeve for the Christmas New Year period....??....

Sydney has the same ole crackers on the bridge and harbour which altho' looks great is getting a bit of the same ole....

During the early 70's when I left Townsville,us young 'uns had to make our own New years eve by finding parties and perhaps going to Lowth's or Hotel Allen for a few drinks...

I remember Guy Fawkes night was banned due to high fire risk....

Does Townsville now have a controlled crackers show on the Strand or up on Castle hill...??....

Anyway wishing you all a wonderful Chrissy and a safe 2014....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas New Year

Fireworks on the Strand tonight and outdoor movie showings for the kids.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas New Year

Wow..!!..You're a long way from home Emma....??....Thanks for the update...!!....And stay safe tonight...!!

In other words look out for the idiots....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas New Year

Coco - yes, I was! We had a swim and a BBQ on the beach further up than the Strand, and then saw in the New Year from the comfort of the sofa - we saw the high fireworks at both 9pm and 12 midnight from the window - so rock n roll!

4. Re: Christmas New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:20