We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending 6 nights in Cairns/Port Douglas, Please Help...

california
Level Contributor
796 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Spending 6 nights in Cairns/Port Douglas, Please Help...

Hello,

My husband and I will be flying into Cairns on Aug.28, arriving at 14:55. I'm struggling and need help from you wonderful people on how to plan our itinerary, so we can cover/see as much as we can efficiently time wise.

The things we'd like to do in Cairns: Kuranda Rail/Sky Cable; visit Rusty market & night market, Atherton Tableland & Patronella Park; Day trip to Lizard Island (costs $590 per person, it's expensive but is it worth it or any suggestion in place of it?

In Port Douglas: Do GBR, debating whether to go with Quicksilver or Wavelenght for Snorkelers only. My husband and I are in our 60's and 1st time snorkelers; can swim but not really very good swimmer and not in great physical condition, just OK. We also would like to see Cape Tribulation/Daintree Forest.

Not sure how to divide our nights between cairns and PD. We do not want to waste time travelling back and forth between Cairn/PD. Our flight from Cairns to Sydney is at 1:30pm. We are not planning on renting a car as my husband feels weird driving on the left,plus don't want to waste time figuring out how to get to our desired "want to see places".

Please recommend good/reasonable place to stay that is close (walking distance) to restaurant/shops and major attractions. Our budget is $100 to $150 per night. We really do not want to spend much on accomodations as we would be out sightseeing during the day..

We are open to any comments/suggestions or changing our plans; and would greatly appreciate your input. This is our 1st time to Australia and would like tothe most of it!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

1. Re: Spending 6 nights in Cairns/Port Douglas, Please Help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 07:16