We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

Hi,

I will be visiting Cairns in November and am looking for recommendations on a) where to stay and b) tour/diving companies to do a 2 night/3 day trip to the Great Barrier Reef.

Are there any good companies you would recommend? Do you think the 2 night, 3 day option is the best one if time is limited? I've heard good things about Pro Divers who seem to have a good reputation. Are there any specific sites in the GBR that would be the best ones to cover on this type of trip?

I will be arriving by plane from Sydney and will be leaving by the Greyhound bus to Arlie Beach.

With regards to accommodation, I am a solo female traveller in my early 30’s so would like to meet people along the way so am fine with hostels but I would like to have a private room and bathroom. Budget obviously is a consideration given I will be going alone and that Australia is not cheap!

If I am staying on board a boat and would like to be on a good nice, new, comfortable boat, are there any that you would recommend that are also reasonably priced?

Thanks,

Nina

Austin, Texas
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

In April I'm traveling to the Cairns area with my 17 year old grandson and would like recommendations about Liveaboards for 2 or 3 nights. He will scuba dive and I will snorkel. I'm interested in your thoughts on 1) whether this will work for snorkeling and scuba diving 2) the name of company/boat that you feel will work best and 3) places on the reef that we should not miss in the Cairns area. Many thanks, Beth

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

Apparently prodivers are excellent with a great reputation, everyone recommends them hands down. I've just booked with them.

3. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 12:47
Austin, Texas
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

Thank you VERY much. This is exactly the information that I needed. I'll be interested to hear how the November trip works out! Beth

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
586 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

Pro-Dive is highly recommended.

6. Re: Great Barrier Reef 2N/3D dive trip - best company & sites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:19