We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunk Island transfers

NSW
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dunk Island transfers

I recently had a 5 day holiday on Dunk Island. The accommodation was satisfactory and the island is beautiful. Unfortunately there seemed to be problem with reservations. Despite emailing my arrival and departure details 3 weeks in advance, there was no record of my arrival at Cairns airport and my transfer was not booked. I also had to leave a day early in order to connect with a return flight.

Staff on the island, while sympathetic, did not seem too concerned. Emails to reservations have also not been returned.

Ensure that transfers to the island have been confirmed.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunk Island transfers

Dunk Island is a "Voyages" run resort. Unfortunately, they do not have the same principals as other Australian companies/hotels.

I do hope you report your above experience to Head Office of Voyages..I would take nothing less than a free night accommodation at any Voyages resort for compensation.

If they do not respond then I would also take it further to the Australian tourism commission.

www.voyages.com.au

www.tourism.australia.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,833 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunk Island transfers

travmac,

May I enquire who you booked Dunk thru...direct, ie Voyages or otherwise?

We had a similar issue and despite sending our info thru to Lizard/Voyages our transfer was a stuff up too.

It turned out to be a third party problem with the transfer operator. Voyages had it right but the other operator stuffed it...

However, our response from the staff on lizard was def much better, we ended up with a couples massage comp from the Spa,

So despite it being someone elses fluff, the island staff made recompense..

Voayges certainly has an issue with its email system.

As a hint for others, if you live in Aus use the direct toll free phone to speak to them then have them send you a confirmation email. it should arrive in about 10 mins after the phone convo.

NSW
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunk Island transfers

I booked online thru Voyages. As far as I could see the island staff did little to find out what caused the stuff up and there was no attempt at any compensation.

I learn my lessons quickly.

4. Re: Dunk Island transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Dunk Island