We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waddy point camping

Which Fraser Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beresfield
1 post
Save Topic
waddy point camping

We are heading to fraser in march next year. We have a 100 series landcruiser and are going to tow a jayco campervan. We are thinking about staying at waddy point but can't find any info about the facilities there and if we need to book. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waddy point camping

www.tourfraserisland.com.au/camping.php

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waddy point camping

I've got to be honest with you, I don't think I'd attempt to tow a campervan to Waddy Point. The Indian Head bypass and the road from Middle Rocks to Waddy Point are generally very soft sand.

The Indian Head Bypass, which is your only option around the headland from Eastern Beach, has steep sections. While there are wooden slats to assist with traction, we have had the displeasure of being stuck on that road for a couple of hours when someone else attempted to get over while towing a boat. They got over eventually but it required the assistance of numerous people to do so. You should have seen the queue of 4WDs stuck behind them!

If you must take a campervan then I would strongly recommend finding a camping area along Eastern Beach. Unhitch then go off and explore in your 4WD.

Check the EPA website for information on camping and making bookings: …qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/…

Condition reports are also updated on this site regularly. It's definitely wise to check the reports closer to the time of your trip.

3. Re: waddy point camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 06:47