We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

San Francisco, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

Hi,

I'd like to take a 2-day tour of Fraser Island leaving from Brisbane. I haven't read the best reviews of Sunrover, and I've found Goanna and Bushwacker as alternate options leaving from Brisbane. Does anybody know which company is the best?

Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

I have been having problems with the same thing. Any recommendations on 2 day/1 night fraser island tours from Brisbane or Noosa?

Thanks!

singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

oh me too... so is there anyone who would do us a great favour and give us some advice? tx

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

Hi,

Sorry haven't got any feedback re tours from Brisbane or Noosa... other than these trips do not get all the way to Indian Head or Champagne Pools or the northern parts of the Island because of distance and less time on the Island..

An alternative suggestion would be to get one of the well reviewed tours from Hervey Bay ... you can catch the train from Brisbane... Roma Street ..

get the early train... stop off at Australia Zoo on the way up... then either bus or Train to Hervey Bay ... then do a 2 day trip from there...

Rob

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

I'm going on a 3 day tour in 3 weeks time. I'll report back then! Hope that's not too late for everyone. In the meantime, maybe someone else can post their experiences.

San Francisco, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

I just got back yesterday from my trip. We ended up going with Bushwacker just based on the feel we got from comparing websites. We did the 2-day/1-night tour, leaving from the Brisbane Transit Centre. I can't provide a comparison against the other companies, but everything on this trip went very smoothly.

We were picked up on time, and our guide, Bruce, was awesome! He was very enthusiastic and flexible with the itinerary. He asked us regularly what we wanted to see and do and adjusted the schedule accordingly. He asked the group if we were wiling to wake up early the 2nd day at 7:15 in order to make it all the way up to Indian Head. This turned out to be the highlight for me -- incredible views and marine life could be seen.

Our group was fairly small compared to other tour groups we ran into (which wasn't very many). We were about 12 people big. I kept my eye out for Goanna and Sunrover to see if I could draw any comparisons and report back, but I didn't see any sign of them during the tour. In any case, I would recommend Bushwacker based on my experience.

I hope this helps! Fraser Island was awesome.

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

Hi,

I traveled with Sunrover to both Fraser and Moreton Island and had a great time on both trips. Sunrover has permits to Lake Mckenzie which some tour companies don't have. This is important as Lake Mckenzie is a real highlight of any trip to Fraser Island. The guides were informative and also really laid back and happy to help. Also the camp ground that Sunrover use is right on the beach which was great at night to look at the night sky which is amazing. Hope you have a great time, I had a great time traveling with Sunrover.

7. Re: 2 day Fraser Island Tours from Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2010, 05:16