We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Tour of Fraser Island

Which Fraser Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
Level Contributor
305 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which Tour of Fraser Island

We are having 3/4 days in Hervey Bay in October and want a tour of Fraser Island. We do not want to drive ourselves. Has anyone any practical experience of any if the tour companies

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,884 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

What specific advice do you need as there are 100's of reviews of some good companies on Fraser.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

I agree that you should check the tour company reviews here on TripAdvisor, specifically this page:

tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g255078-Activ…

Certainly that will give you a fair and balanced view compared to a few random opinions from whoever happens to see this forum thread.

I have been on one of these day tours a few years ago and really enjoyed it - except that our bus's air con broke down and it was a 28-degree day. It was fairly toasty the rest of the ride! It's not clear if this was due to poor maintenance (not checking engine belts for wear) or simply an unavoidable "stuff happens" type of thing. So I won't mention the company name (also because I'm not sure I remember it!).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
282 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

I've read through these companies but it seems like they do larger more college-friendly tours. Are there any tours that are more focused on an older crowd, maybe that are "premium" or a little pricier? Thanks!

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,928 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

Hi grownup,

The chap who owns this business is a frequent poster, and IMO has some good packages, if they don't suite he'll lead you in the right direction no matter what you decide.

emeraldene.com.au/FraserIsland-WhaleWatch-Ac…

Also have a read of his blog, some great info, and a great read.

http://www.emeraldene.com.au/blog/

Safe travels - Robert

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

It will definitely be better to take a tour rather than drive yourself because the island is so big and there are no real roads. There are quite a few different tours you can take from Hervey Bay and the main difference between them are group size and accommodation type. I would recommend either the 2 Day/2 Night Premium Tour which stays at Kingfisher Bay Resort or the 2 Day/1 Night Explorer Tour which stays at Eurong Beach Resort.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 03:24
6. Re: Which Tour of Fraser Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16