We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

kk1
seattle
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

Hi there! we've been to bora bora and just wondering if heron island is like that? i saw all the photos and it reminds me over there? thanks we are still debating if we want to go there since we will be in sydney for 7 days

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

imo heron is not like bora bora at all.

it is a tiny flat sand cay surrounded by reef.

the only similarity i guess is the warm clear water and marine life.

i think u can do better than go there if have only 7 days in the country. see something uniquely australian like the red centre or fraser island.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

I've been to Heron Island and, even though I haven't been to Bora Bora, I researched it extensively for my honeymoon. Bora Bora doesn't look anything like Heron Island. You'd be disappointed if you visited Heron on that premise.

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

No, we've been to Bora Bora and there are no islands that are like Bora Bora in Australia that have so many luxury resorts and are so beautiful with fringing reefs aroudnd the entire island.

On the other hand islands like Lizard Island and Orpheus do have very nice single luxury resorts with better food and great diving/snorkeling, which is better than that at Bora Bora, in our opinion.

4. Re: is heron island similar to bora bora in tahiti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:16