We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food on Heron.

Sussex Inlet...
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Food on Heron.

Hi

We are heading to Heron late April, early May. Reading some previous reviews has left me a little concerned. Whilst not JUST going for the food, it is an important part of any stay when you can't simply choose another place to eat.

Can someone please advise on the current standard of fare?

Many thanks.

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
54 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food on Heron.

Jenni,

In the absence of any other replies re more recent travel to Heron Island, the following may help. We spent 3 or 4 nights there 4-years ago and whilst we loved the island and what it offered the food was just 'okay'. We're not big 'foodies' so it wasn't a big deal for us but I seem to remember it was reasonable in terms of quality / quantity, though not special, and the restaurant had the atmosphere of a large cafeteria. Having said that it was on a sandy island with boardwalks so probably unfair to expect too much in the form of dining luxuries.

Obviously it may have been improved since then (and I stress it was by no means bad, just okay) but the island itself was what we went for and enjoyed.

Gary

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food on Heron.

reviews over the last few months seem to indicate the food is ok.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g255081-d…

Edited: 14 February 2011, 08:33
Sussex Inlet...
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food on Heron.

Thanks guys....

And the sample menu on their home page looks sooo good too!! :(

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Food on Heron.

Hi

we thought the food was ok in april 2010. We did order macadamia coral trout one night and they brought us out tasmanian salmon (which wasnt on the menu) and i guess hoped we wouldnt notice!

pretty funny.

5. Re: Food on Heron.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:17